Saturday, December 22, 2007

Is Friendly's Being OVERLY Friendly?



Last Wednesday a friend phoned me and asked if I'd like to have dinner. I dont't normally go out to dinner on a weeknight, but what the hell. He suggested Friendly's which he thought had JUST opened up by us. We toodle on over there and we see lots of people inside, so we think its open for business...well, they were not. They were training and while there HAVE been instances of restaurants serving you so that their staff can practice, these folks were not doing it. The manager explained that they would be open the day after Christmas and placed coupon books in our hands as an enticement to return at that time.

As we meandered back to the car, wondering; "Now where do we go to eat?", I flip through the coupon book and about choke laughing. The first coupon is for a "Happy Ending Size Sundae"....WOOOHOO. I immediately went back and asked for more coupon books for my extended family and went home to place them in every male friends Christmas card. Nope, no need to thank me...I think everyone should have a Happy Ending, I just have a hard time envisioning Friendly's giving me one. But hey, its almost 2008, and I AM a modern type gal.
Before we left, the manager was coming out to have a cigarette and I asked him about that wording. He seemed perplexed that it would be a concern...perhaps he was just playing dumb. Can you imagine how many men would love to go to dinner with their families and then ,when done, quite comfortably ask for a "Happy Ending"?
Love it!!!!

3 comments:

Cowgirl Betty said...

We have Friendly's everywhere in Albany. Strangely enough, I have yet to enter one. I hear they have scrumptious desserts. Glad to see you've posted again! I hope the Holidays are treating you and yours well.

Cowgirl Betty said...

Hey, Onkees, right back at ya! Ya, It's snowing in New York, and it snowed about a foot over night. I called into work today. My boss teased me about thinking Coloradoans are made of tougher stuff and should be used to snow. What can I say? In Colorado, it snows, looks pretty, then melts away the next day--rather than May. I'm getting more used to it, but . . . well . . . I'm a Colorado wuss, I guess.

As far as teens aging out of the system, teens can choose to remain in care until they are 22 in New York. The agency I work for also has an awesome IL program, setting up kids in their own apartments, enrolling them in college, helping them find a job, teaching them budgeting, etc. However, a lot of teens who hit their majority are so fed up with the system they sign themselves out of care--even though remaining in the system will finally work to their advantage. After they sign themselves out, they can't change their minds. Quite a few of them wind up in shelters or worse--jail.

One thing is great though about New York, at least they give youth a chance to transition out of the system. In Colorado, if you turn 18 and don't enroll in college, well, lets just hope the door doesn't hit them in the ass on their way out.

Joe said...

Stay away from this place...its no good! The manager was an "A" sexual. who was only hitting on himself!