Sunday, October 19, 2008

Get your flu shots!!!!!!


By coincidence, I came down with what I thought was a cold---the day BEFORE-I had scheduled my flu shot.
Needless to say, I went downhill quickly. In bed, headaches, chills, pains, aches, thirst. I have spent 4 days so far drinking liquids, peeing and sleeping. The way I look at it, the only good (always the optimist) that can come of this is that I drop a few pounds.
I happened to begin to experience complications from my asthma and hightailed it to the doctor today. Steroids are wonderful. (I know they are bad for you...but why is it that the things that make you feel good are either fattening , immoral or dangerous?). I won't go into the specifics, but by tomorrow I will be reroofing the house, changing the oil and tuning up the car, pressure cleaning the neighbors house, cooking 5 course meals and making my students beg the nurse for extra meds to slip to their teacher.....ahhh, steroids.
But---->If you don't have asthma or chronic bronchitis which may cause your blood oxygen level to drop to 95% or less...you will have to follow the original regimen of liquids, tylenol, peeing and sleeping....no medrol dosepaks for you!!!!
Just be good to yourself and impose on you friends for chicken soup and runs to Publix for Ginger Ale (69 cents for 2 liters--such a deal).....

3 comments:

oshiyay said...

"pressure cleaning the neighbor's house"?

oshiyay

oshiyay said...

OOMG,The house needs to be re roofed?

t2ed said...

We just had flu shots at work. Unfortuantely, no lollypops or swell superhero bandaids.

I think they may just be trying to keep up healthy to squeeze more work out of us.